CV I. Manov
Education and Degrees
1988 Ph.D. (in Medical Sciences), Institute of Influenza, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences (St. Petersburg, Russia).
1981 M.D. Ural State Medical Academy of Yekaterinburg (Russia).
Experience and Positions
Since 2012 Senior Researcher, Laboratory of Environmental Stress Tolerance in Mammals, Institute of Evolution, University of Haifa.
2001 - 2012 Senior Researcher, In-Charge of Cell Culture and Cancer Research Laboratory, Pediatric Research and Electron Microscopy Unit, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine,Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
1993 - 1994 Lecturer. Department of Microbiology, Urals Agricultural Academy, Yekaterinburg, Russia.
1990 - 1993 Senior Researcher. Medical Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Research Center, Yekaterinburg, Russia.
• Mechanisms of cancer resistance in subterranean hypoxia tolerant rodent, mole rat Spalax
• Cell signaling pathways under hypoxic condition and carcinogenesis;
• Cell death mechanisms in normal tissues and cancer cells;
• Hepatotoxicity of anti-inflammatory and anticancer drugs: ultrastructural aspects;
• The role of normal fibroblasts during wound healing and tumor development.
• Iron homeostasis and storage in hypoxia-tolerant mammals. Regulation of ferritin synthesis under environmental stress.
• Clinical Microbiology, undergraduate students (training assistant), Medical School, Sverdlovsk, USSR (1985 - 1990).
• Virology, undergraduate students (lecturer), Medical School, Sverdlovsk, USSR (1988 - 1990).
• Veterinary Microbiology and Virology, undergraduate students (lecturer). Department of Microbiology, Urals Agricultural Academy, Yekaterinburg, Russia (1993 - 1994).
• Transmission electron microscopy and biological sample preparation, undergraduate students (Training assistant). Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion (2007-2011)
Graduate Students: 2002-2011 Research supervisor of M.Sc. student from Faculty of Medicine (Technion) and B.Sc. student from Braude-ORT College, Carmiel; Since 2013 Co-supervisor of Ph.D student from Evolutionary and Environmental Biology, Faculty of Natural Science, University of Haifa(in progress)
Reviewer in International Peer-Reviewed Scientific Journals: Cell Death and Differentiation; Molecular Cancer Therapeutic; Journal Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics; International Journal of Cancer; Basic and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology; Acta Pharmacologica Sinica; Chemico-Biological Interactions. Hepatology International
Membership in Scientific Organizations: European Association for Cancer Research; European Cell Death Organization; Israel Society for Microscopy; European Microscopy Society
Editorial Boards: 2011 – present, Member of Editorial Board, World Journal of Pharmacology