Paleofloristics of the Middle East and Eastern Asia (series of monographs on fossil floras and floristic evolution of Israel, Russian Far East, Mongolia, e.g. Krassilov et al., 2005).
- Macrosystematics of fossil plants: new orders of heterosporous plants Heroleandrales, 2000; gymnosperms Czekanowskiales (Leptostrobales), 1975; Eoanthales, 2005; Dinophytales, 2005; new families Karkeniaceae, Pseudotorelliaceae, Dirhopalostachyaceae; About 50 new genera and species of fungi, pteridophytes, gymnosperms and angiosperms.
- Seed plant phylogeny based on geochronological sequences and transitional forms, showing periodic bursts of radiation as well as parallel development.
- Angiosperm origins and early evolution (monograph Krassilov, 1997), including (1) proangiosperm concept, (2) arogenic community concept, of biotic communities showing exceptionally high evolution rates and their environmental enhancers, (3) multiple origination centers concept, and (4) reticulate evolution concept.
- Paleobotanical approach to plant development and evolution (monographic study in Krassilov, 2010).
- Plant palaeoecology, starting with basic methods and principles (monograph Krassilov, 1975) with implications for community evolution and climatology, including the initiation of pollination palaeoecology and plant - insect co-evolution studies using electronic microscopy of pollen grains preserved in the gut contents of fossil insects, as well as plant - insect interactions based on fossil leaf damages (monograph Krassilov and Rasnitsyn, 2008).
- Ecosystem Evolution, in particular the development of new concepts and analytical methods (e.g., a quantitative assessment of biomass fluctuations over time and estimate of standing crop diversity based on the species/area correlations), analysis and interpretation of biospheric crises ( monograph Krassilov, 2003), and significance for understanding human evolution (monograph Krassilov, 1995).
2007-2010 - GIF: "Fossil record of angiosperm evolution and paleoecology in the Middle East" - 225,000 EURO, as PI.
Krassilov V.A., Rasnitsyn A.P. Plant - Arthropod interactions in the Early Angiosperm history. Pensoft, Brill, Sophia_Moscow and Leiden - Boston, 2008, 229 pp. (Link)
Krassilov V.A., Golovneva L.B. 2003. A minute mid-Cretaceous flower and phylogenetic implications. Geodiversitas 26(1): 5-15. (Link)
Krassilov V., Silantieva N. 2005. Plant evolution in the Late Cretaceous (Turonian) of the southern Negev, Israel. Israeli Journal of Plant Science 53: 55-64. (Link)
Kodrul T., Krassilov V.A. 2006. New juglandaceous fruit morphotype from the Palaeocene of Amur Province, Russian Far East. Acta Palaebotanica 45(2): 139-144. (Link)
Karasev E.V., Krassilov V.A. 2007. Late Permian phylloclades of the genus Permophyllocladus and the problems of the evolutionary morphology of peltaspems. Paleontological Journal 41(2): 198-206. (Link)
Krassilov V.A., Volynets E.B. 2008. Weedy Albian angiosperms. Acta Palaeobotanica 48 (2): 151-169. (Link)
Krassilov V., Karasev E. 2008. First evidence of plant - arthropod interaction at the Permian - Triassic boundary in the Volga Basin, European Russia. Alavezia 2: 249-254. (Link)
Krassilov V., Silantieva N., Hellmund M., Hellmund W. 2007. Insect egg sets on angiosperm leaves from the Lower Cretaceous of Negev, Israel. Cretaceous Research 28: 1-9. (Link)
Krassilov V., Shuklina S. 2008. Arthropod trace diversity on fossil leaves from the mid-Cretacous of Negev. Alavezia 2: 239-245. (Link)
Krassilov V.A. 2008. Evidence of temporary mining in the Cretaceous fossil mine assemblage of Negev, Israel. Insect Science 261: 285-290. (Link)
Krassilov V.A. 2008. Mine and gall predation as top down regulation of plant - insect systems in the Cretaceous of Negev. Palaeogeography, Palaeoecology, Palaeoclimatology 261: 261-269. (Link)
Krassilov V.A. 2007. Mines and galls on fossil leaves from the Late Cretaceous of southern Negev, Israel. Proc. Proc. Fossils X 3 Congress, Pretoria. African Invertebrates 48(1): 2-11. (Link)
Krassilov V.A., Rasnitsyn A.P., Afonin S.A. 2007. Pollen eaters and pollen morphology in Paleozoic and Mesozoic plants. Proc. Fossils X 3 Congress, Pretoria. African Invertebrates 48(1): 13-22. (Link)
Silantieva N., Krassilov V.A. 2006. Weichselia Stiehler from Lower Cretaceous of Makhtesh Ramon, Israel: new morphological interpretation and taxonomical affinities. Acta Palaeobotanica 46(2): 119-136. (Link)
Tekleva M.V., Krassilov V.A., Kvaček J., Van Konijnenburg-Van Cittert J.H.A. 2006 Pollen genus Eucommiidites: ultrastucture and affinities. Acta Palaeobotanica 46(2): 137-156. (Link)
Krassilov V.A. Diversity of Mesozoic gnetophytes and initial angiosperms. Paleontol. J. 43(10): 1272-1280. (Link)
Krassilov V.A., Karasev E.V. 2009. Paleofloristic evidence of climate change near and beyond the Permian - Triassic boundary. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 284(3-4): 326-336. (Link)
Krassilov V.A. 2006. Paleontology and paradigms of modern natural science. Evolution of biosphere and biodiversity. Alexey Rozanov 70th birthday. Moscow, KMK: 7-19 (reprinted in Ecology and Life, 2009, 5(90): 4-10) (in Rus.). (Link)