Education and Degrees
1988 Ph.D. (in Medical Sciences), Institute of Influenza, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences (St. Petersburg, Russia).
1981 M.D. Ural State Medical Academy of Yekaterinburg (Russia).
Experience and Positions
Since 2015- Associate Professor, Laboratory of Environmental Stress Tolerance in Mammals, Institute of Evolution, University of Haifa.
2012 – 2015 Senior Researcher, Laboratory of Environmental Stress Tolerance in Mammals, Institute of Evolution, University of Haifa.
2001 - 2012 Senior Researcher, In-Charge of Cell Culture and Cancer Research Laboratory, Pediatric Research and Electron Microscopy Unit, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
1993 - 1994 Lecturer. Department of Microbiology, Urals Agricultural Academy, Yekaterinburg, Russia.
1990 - 1993 Senior Researcher. Medical Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Research Center, Yekaterinburg, Russia.
- The mechanisms of cancer resistance in the hypoxia-tolerant mole-rat, Spalax;
- Antitumor strategies of non-cancerous cells in Spalax;
- Exploring the unique mechanisms of cellular senescence in the stress-tolerant and long-lived Spalax;
- The role of the anti-inflammatory network in healthy aging and life span in Spalax.
• Clinical Microbiology, undergraduate students (training assistant), Medical School, Sverdlovsk, USSR (1985 - 1990).
• Virology, undergraduate students (lecturer), Medical School, Sverdlovsk, USSR (1988 - 1990).
• Veterinary Microbiology and Virology, undergraduate students (lecturer). Department of Microbiology, Urals Agricultural Academy, Yekaterinburg, Russia (1993 - 1994).
• Transmission electron microscopy and biological sample preparation, undergraduate students (Training assistant). Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion (2007-2011)
Graduate Students: 2002-2011 Research supervisor of M.Sc. student from Faculty of Medicine (Technion) and B.Sc. student from Braude-ORT College, Carmiel; Since 2013, Supervisor and co-supervisor of postdoctoral and Ph.D students from Institute of Evolution and Evolutionary and Environmental Biology, Faculty of Natural Science, University of Haifa.
Reviewer in International Peer-Reviewed Scientific Journals: Cell Death and Differentiation; Molecular Cancer Therapeutic; Journal Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics; International Journal of Cancer; Basic and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology; Acta Pharmacologica Sinica; Chemico-Biological Interactions. Hepatology International
Membership in Scientific Organizations: European Association for Cancer Research; European Cell Death Organization; Israel Society for Microscopy; European Microscopy Society
Editorial Boards: 2011 – present, Member of Editorial Board, World Journal of Pharmacology