- The role of tumor microenvironment in cancer development;
- Mechanisms of cancer resistance in hypoxia-tolerant subterranean rodents;
- Cellular senescence and senescence-associated secretory phenotype (SASP);
- Non-canonical SASP in senescent cells and aging tissues of Spalax and its role in cancer prevention;
- Adipose-derived stem cells in Spalax and their role in tumor microenvironment and tissue regeneration;
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: molecular inhibitors; mechanisms regulating drug resistance.
- Iron homeostasis and storage in hypoxia-tolerant mammals. Regulation of ferritin synthesis under environmental stress;
Manov I, Bashenko Y, Eliaz-Wolkowicz A, Mizrahi M, Liran O, Iancu TC. High-dose acetaminophen inhibits the lethal effect of doxorubicin in HepG2 cells: the role of P-glycoprotein and mitogen-activated protein kinase p44/42 pathway. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 2007; 322(3): 1013-1022.
Manov I, Pollak Y, Broneshter R and Iancu T.C. Inhibition of doxorubicin-induced autophagy in hepatocellular carcinoma Hep3B cells by sorafenib - the role of extracellular signal-regulated kinase counteraction. FEBS Journal 2011; 278: 3494-3507. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21790999
Manov I., Hirsh M., Iancu T.C., Malik A., Sotnichenko N., Band M., Avivi A., and Shams I. Pronounced cancer resistance in a subterranean rodent, the blind mole-rat, Spalax: in vivo and in vitro evidence. BMC Biology 2013, 11:91: 1-17. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25050761
Iancu T.C., Arad T., Avivi A, Shams I and Manov I. Iron-rich ferritin in the hypoxia-tolerant blind mole rat Spalax ehrenbergi: an in-vivo natural marker confirms internalization and pathways of intracellular macromolecules. Journal of Structural Biology 2014, 187(3):254-65 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25050761
Domankevich V, Opatowsky Y, Malik A, Korol AB, Frenkel Z, Manov I, Avivi A, Shams I Adaptive patterns in the p53 protein sequence of the hypoxia- and cancer-tolerant blind mole rat Spalax.
BMC Evol Biol. 2016 Sep 2;16:177 https://bmcevolbiol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12862-016-0743-8
Mamchur A, Leman E, Salah S, Avivi A, Shams I, Manov I. Adipose-Derived Stem Cells of Blind Mole Rat Spalax Exhibit Reduced Homing Ability: Molecular Mechanisms and Potential Role in Cancer Suppression. Stem Cells. 2018 Oct;36(10):1630-1642 https://stemcellsjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/stem.2884